Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Department of Orthopedics has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant for Pediatric Clinical Research projects.
This position will assist faculty with all aspects of administrative activities related to the submission of Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols to the Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board (COMIRB), Western IRB (WIRB), and other regulatory agencies. This includes protocol development, writing consent forms, adverse event reporting, and managing continuing reviews of protocols. The PRA will ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures that govern the department's human subjects research. PRA will interact with research subjects in taking medical history, performing consent, and scheduling.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent knowledge regarding IRB policies and procedures
- The ability to work independently
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in any field
- 2 years of clinical research experience
- Experience with clinical research
- Experience working with IRB policies and procedures
- Master's degree in health related field
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin March 6, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Questions should be directed to Jodi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8500
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20259 - SOM-Orthopedics
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jodi Naylor
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00673421