Technology Specialist I
The Technology Specialist I is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows systems, Application systems, Networking and generalized IT Support, Exchange and AD; Responsibilities on these systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Preference will be given to graduates of the Fanshawe Computer Systems Technologist (3 year) Diploma.
A police check for educational related services will be required.
1. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Install and configure systems such as supports Ontario Educational software applications.
4. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
5. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
6. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
OPERATIONS AND SUPPORT
7. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
8. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
9. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
10. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
11. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
12. Support and administer high school and three smaller sites. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
13. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
14. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
15. Upgrade and configure system software that supports Ontario Educational Software guidelines.
16. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
17. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
18. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
19. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
1. Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
2. Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
3. The individuals ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people of varying technical capabilities.
1. Diploma/Degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science. (Computer Systems Technologist preferred)
2. Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft and Networking certification.
1. Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
Stronghold Services Corporation is a focused, successful and growing Managed IT Service firm! Our HQ is in London, Ontario! We are looking for outstanding people that go above and beyond and understand customer service. You can become part of our amazing team and help build a fantastic company!
Wed, 25 Jan 2017 08:16:05 PST