Provost Operations and Communications Coordinator
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
What you will do:
A dynamic leader and self-starter who reports to the Vice Provost of Academic Programs and is responsible for supporting and managing various projects in collaboration with Provost Office team. The position will be based out of the Chicago campus. The operations and communications coordinator will be responsible for managing daily communications in and out of the provost office including maintaining the Provost Office website.
• Manage and coordinate the Provost Office Strategic Plan documents including preparing board documents in collaboration with Vice Provost and Provost.
• Provide the Assistant Vice Provost with support for faculty related processes including managing the scope, timing, data analysis and reporting of multiple projects to achieve organizational goals.
• Assist the Vice Provost of Academic Programs with correspondence regarding priority communications and sending both public and confidential messages and meeting requests on Vice Provost’s behalf.
• Provide management assistance to the new product development committee and provide leadership and support to subject matter experts using various new product development tools (i.e. excel, smart-sheet, etc…)
• Develop, maintain, and evaluate the Provost Office’s web presence. Working collaboratively and strategically with stakeholders across the university to assess content, development, and design needs and solutions.
• Strong sense of urgency and an ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Solid data analysis skills, communication skills (including leveraging social media skills) and the ability to make timely decisions.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (including excel) and ability to leverage technology (including project management tools) to achieve goals.
• Attention to detail and ability to adapt to change.
• Some travel may be required (including distances of more than 30 miles) once or twice per month
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in Higher Education.