Assistant Coach for Women's Volleyball
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn University, a NCAA Division II member and a member of the Sunshine State Conference is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach for Women's Volleyball. The Assistant Coach for Women's Volleyball is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with providing a competitive varsity intercollegiate sports program that competes within the rules of the university, Sunshine State Conference and the NCAA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the head coach to plan all activities associated with practice and competition.
- Coordinates team travel arrangements to include transportation, lodging, meals, etc.
- Assists with fundraising efforts to benefit the team.
- Actively travels to recruit high quality international and domestic student-athletes.
- Monitors academic progress of student-athletes.
- Oversees operational aspects of the program; provides direction and support to the graduate assistant coach.
- Communicates with several campus constituents (admissions, financial aid and faculty).
- Provides planning support for youth sports camps and clinics on occasion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Previous collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Clean driving record
- Level II background check required
- High level of professionalism and ethics
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at email@example.com; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.