Full Stack Engineer - Internal UI Team
Full Stack Engineer - Internal UI Team
at OnDeck (View all jobs)
New York, NY
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We're all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun - Whether it's a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that's enabled us to say "yes" more often and faster than traditional lenders.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building cutting edge systems to provide a world-class user experience to our customers and partners, aggregate mountains of data to make real-time lending decisions, and of course move lots of money every day. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- You will investigate, prototype, build and transition tools, frameworks, and products to other internal teams
- Participate with Technology management in the development of technology products and services.
- Build a team of diverse professionals to drive ideas from concept to implementation.
- Speak and author papers to showcase the company as a technology innovation leader in the commercial lending space.
- Transition successful implementations to engineering for full support and build out.
- Drive organizational change around key innovation products.
- Provide insight, feedback and assistance to other technology teams as needed.
Qualifications for success:
- At least 5 years of experience with Java full stack web development
- Experience with Guice and Jersey frameworks
- Ability to write testable code and experience with front-end testing framework such as Jasmine, Chai, Mocha, Karma or Protractor
- Experience creating and consuming REST and SOAP web services
- Ability to write clean code, and champion the most technical solutions in a collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, Yeoman, Dart, Polymer or Web Components is a big plus
What we offer you:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance.
- Smart colleagues who you can learn from.
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays.
- If you're sick just stay home and feel better.
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Attach Dropbox Google Drive Paste
Attach Dropbox Google Drive Paste
LinkedIn Profile - if you do not have a LinkedIn profile, please write N/A
How did you hear about this job?
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at OnDeck are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Gender- Select -Male Female Decline To Self Identify
Are you Hispanic/Latino?- Select -YesNoDecline To Self Identify
Race & Ethnicity Definitions
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An ctive duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An rmed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Veteran Status- Select -I am not a protected veteran I identify as one or more of the classifications of a protected veteran I don't wish to answer
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.
How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Disability Status- Select -Yes, I have a disability (or previously had a disability) No, I don't have a disability I don't wish to answer
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website atwww.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
New York, NY
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:59:10 PST