Director of Finance & Compliance (Administrator II) (corrected)
Director of Finance & Compliance (Administrator II) (corrected)
Job ID: 101957
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3312
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive benefits package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 13 scheduled paid holidays plus one personal holiday; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM; schedule may vary based on department needs.
Classification Salary Range: $3,635-$12,456 Job Summary Under the direction of the Associate Dean or Dean, the Director of Finance & Compliance serves as the strategic financial partner and chief financial steward of the College of Continuing Education. Identifies, mobilizes, and optimizes financial and other resources to help advance the mission of the college, and ensure that staff receive high-quality administrative support in a manner compliant with University policies and procedures. The Director leads the day-to-day financial and compliance activities for the college and provides strategic direction and planning in finance and regulatory compliance. Partnering closely with leaders in functional areas across the college, the Director plays an integral role in developing, implementing, and managing plans to streamline the efficiency and effectiveness of fiscal administration of the college. The Director provides direct oversight to functional areas including accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, contracting, procurement, business continuity, risk management, facilities, and transportation.
For more information on the College of Continuing Education, please visit: http://www.cce.csus.edu/ Benefits/FLSA This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University.It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is also exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Required Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a discipline relevant to finance, business auditing, contract management, public administration, or related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in financial management including planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Experience in facilities management, lease management, and fleet acquisition and management.
- Experience with strategic planning, change management, policy analysis, and risk management.
- Experience evaluating and implementing financial management processes and systems.
- Experience in leading, managing, and motivating a team of diverse individuals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret policy, implement advance planning techniques, establish performance metrics, and utilize technology for organizational effectiveness.
- Proven track record of business and political acumen.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and implement creative solutions to complex problems.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Proof of valid driver's license required for occasional travel. Preferred Qualifications - Advanced degree from an accredited university in a disciple relevant to finance, business, auditing, contract management, public administration, or related field.
- Experience with grants, contracts, inter-agency agreements, fee-recovery models, and or self-support higher education finance.
- Experience working with multiple sources of funding.
- 5+ years of experience in higher education, non-profits, or government.
- Experience working in a bargaining environment. License/Certification Valid drivers license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS) Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Application Deadline Applications received by March 15, 2017, by 11:59PM will be considered in the first review process and will continue until the position is filled. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/.
External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application
Click link for additional instructions on how to apply: http://www.csus.edu/it/acs/documents/internalAppProcedures.pdf
To be fully considered for this position, applicants must submit the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest. If you currently hold a tenured faculty position and you are interested in retreat rights to tenured faculty position at Sacramento State, please let us know in your letter of interest.
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3.Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidates professional qualifications (include name, email address, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Baron Siegfried Marsh
Human Resources/Employment Services
Phone number: 916-278-6076
For technical difficulties, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/