Construction Materials Testing Technician
Advantage Engineers is seeking Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Technicians in all of our office locations, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland. This position reports to the Project Manager. Advantage Engineers is a dynamic, entrepreneurial geotechnical, environmental and telecommunications engineering and consulting firm experiencing exponential growth in all of our office locations. Advantage seeks part-time and full-time entry-level or experienced technicians and construction inspectors to join our professional, creative, and dedicated staff and support our growth.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the inspection, testing and documentation of the following:
- Density testing of engineered fill
- Foundation and building pad subgrade review
- Review of backfilling for utilities
- Review of retaining wall installation
- Highway and roadway improvements
- Asphalt, concrete and masonry testing
Education and/or Experience: Advantage is hiring for both entry-level and experienced CMT technicians/inspectors.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree in engineering, environmental sciences, geology or related discipline preferred, but not required
- For mid-level positions, a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in construction inspection or similar position
- For entry-level positions, no experience is required
- Existing certifications ACI, NECEPT, NICET, DCA, AWS, and/or ICC a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and work effectively with limited supervision
- Highly professional demeanor
- Ability to read and comprehend plans and maps
- Strong interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
Computer Skills / Other:
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to sites/work remotely (typically within 1 hour of primary office)
- Must possess active cellular phone for work-related communications, for which you will receive a monthly stipend
- Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience.
Advantage Engineers provides expert engineering and consulting services. Our commitment to our core values of safety, responsiveness and creativity has enabled us to produce superior results for our clients.
We provide innovative solutions for complex telecommunications, environmental and geotechnical engineering challenges. Our firm is comprised of high-caliber technical professionals, including engineers, technicians, inspectors, project and program managers, site acquisition specialists, geologists, scientists and dedicated support staff. Our staff is fully licensed, certified and registered in every service we offer.
We support both government and private clients throughout the United States. Since 2001, we have successfully completed thousands of projects in a variety of markets including commercial, energy, industrial, institutional, telecommunications, transportation and utilities. It is not only this depth of experience, but our responsiveness, that has earned Advantage Engineers national top rankings among engineering firms.
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:22:19 PST