Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
The Sr. Software Quality Engineer position is responsible for applying Agile and SDLC QA methodology to verify and validate that MedAssets core products meet specifications and customer requirements in order to ensure customer satisfaction. This is accomplished through the creation and execution of detailed test plans and test cases in order to test and log defects against enterprise, web-based applications. This position requires strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to extensively document test procedures, expected results, and defects.
- Advanced level understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually provide tools for the software delivery teams.These need to be industry standard QA best practices /theory, not ideas specific to company x.
- Must have deep technical SQA skills as well as SW development skills.
- Must be well read and educated in all aspects of SQA theory and must have experience using and applying techniques, including but not limited to Domain Testing, Risk based Testing, Exploratory testing
- Prefer ISTQB or QAI training and certifications
- Must be able to lead a team of QA engineers in day to day activityThis includes work item delegation as well as co-ordination of test strategy and day to day execution
- Must be able to manage day to day activities as well as escalate properly to QA leadership
- Must be able to both lead as well as actually develop/run test cases
- Must be able to mentor both Sr and non Sr QA resources on technical acumen
- Apply and educate teams on SDLC and Agile software quality assurance and software testing concepts and practices to continuously assess the risks, condition and quality of products and releases
- Review requirements, acceptance criteria, functional design, technical design, and use case design documents to determine testability across teams and products
- Provides estimates for planning, development and execution of test efforts within and across teams and products
- Create detailed test plans, and test strategies that clearly describe the test environment, setup, risks, scope, assumptions, dependencies, and strategy within and across teams and products
- Must be able to use industry best practices and techniques to drive these tasks.
- Create detailed test cases that clearly describe the pre/post conditions, test executions steps, and expected results
- Execute test cases to assess the condition and quality of software builds, releases, and bug fixes
- Develop and implement automation strategies to increase productivity and test coverage while reducing costs with a QA automation manager and partners.
- Request, document, setup and manage test data in a test environment
- Perform functional (black box and white box), system and regression testing
- Write very complex SQL queries to analyze data in relational databases/ DBA like skills are preferred
- Document and track defects, issues and enhancements to resolution using defect tracking tools
- Create regular project status reports. Communicate all risks and issues to the QA Manager in a timely manner.
- Perform root cause analysis and trends of defects in order to drive quality improvement
- Be able to work effectively in a team setting - take direction, proactively seek out information and build productive working relationships
- Review Release Notes and provide feedback to documentation teams
- Mentor more junior members of the team
- Embraces the scrum philosophy of change and looks for continuous improvement in their skills and to enhance the quality of our products
- Assist with generation of metrics to assess quality
- Create QA-related process documents and training guides
- Build strong knowledge of the healthcare industry and several product lines to provide QA expertise in several areas. Considered a subject matter expert
- 10+ years SDLC QA experience
- 8+ years testing/debugging .NET/Windows and Web-based applications
- Must have extensive experience with Web debugging tools such as Fiddler/Firebug or equivalent
- 8+ years experience with relational databases and reading/writing complex SQL
- Bachelors Comp sci degree, or equivalent engineering degree
- Experience testing .NET and web-based applications required
- Healthcare experience preferred
- 5+ years experience with automation a must/ Must have deep understanding to determine what to automate and what not to automate, and actual implementation
- 5+ years experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies a must
- 8+ years experience with modern programming languages (C#, Java, C++) a plus
- Able to take direction, proactively seek out information and build productive working relationships
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Able to comfortably interact with personnel at multiple levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows operating systems and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
The combined MedAssets-Precyse enterprise is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. We are ideally positioned to offer extensive capabilities to improve organizations' operational health, grow business and ultimately improve the quality of healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:53:25 PST