University of Delaware
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Job ID: 104425
Location: Newark, DE
Pay Grade: 29E
Under general direction of the Payroll Administrator, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible to oversee the daily operation of the processes necessary to ensure compliance with University and federal and state policies and regulations. A high level of independent judgment is required. This position applies business processes and conducts financial analysis to ensure the proper checks and balances are in place across the UD community. The Payroll Coordinator interprets and executes financial policies and procedures and makes recommendations for change as appropriate. The Payroll Coordinator works collaboratively with all departments across campus to help ensure that all employees are paid accurately and timely with the correct withholdings and deductions, and to ensure the withholdings and deductions are remitted in a timely manner.
Effective analytical and technical skills are required, including the use of payroll management systems and spreadsheet software programs to insure accurate integration from multiple payroll reporting systems into UD the HCM (Human Capital Management) system.
Bachelor's degree in a job-related discipline and two years related experience. Associate's degree in a related field with four years related experience, or a High School Diploma/GED and six years related experience can substitute for required education.
- Ability to work independently, with effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to make independent decisions, judgments, and interact well with a wide range of people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a commitment to customer service are required on all levels of the university community.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and university laws, in addition to university guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html