ASSISTANT DIRECTOR PAIR CENTER
Duties: The Assistant Director of the Perelman School of Medicine's (PSOM) new Palliative and Advanced Illness Research (PAIR) Center will provide administrative oversight and support for research operations. The position reports directly to the Director of Administration and Finance for the PAIR Center.
The mission of the PAIR Center is to generate high-quality evidence to advance healthcare policies and practices that improve the lives of all people affected by serious illness. PAIR Center initiatives include the Fostering Improvement in End-of-Life Decision Science (FIELDS) Program, the Acute Care Health Services Research Group, pilot grants that support new investigators as well as interdisciplinary science involving investigators from Penn Medicine and throughout the University of Pennsylvania that are relevant to the PAIR Center mission, as well as the education of trainees and students interested in research to improve care for patients with serious illness.
The Assistant Director of the PAIR Center will oversee the day-to-day management of research projects. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that PAIR studies are within scope and budget and that deliverables are met on time. As the leader of the project management team, the Assistant Director will be responsible for refining study processes and procedures and disseminating best practices to the research team. He or she will work closely with the Director of Administration and Finance to hire, train and supervise research staff and advise Center leadership on the most effective way to deploy staff and resources. He or she will be involved in several large trials and be instrumental in the development of proposals as well as protocols.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience, preferably in an academic medicine environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience required, Master's Degree preferred.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate
* A person of integrity and accountability with a personal style that builds and nurtures relationships based on team play, trust, honesty, reliability, openness and confidence.
* A high competence in communication, able to interact with all stakeholders expertly and effectively.
* A prepared individual who runs effective meetings, has strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through
* Superior attention to detail
* Ability to critically analyze data and anticipate problems
* Ability to navigate complex organizations
* High level of enthusiasm and personal credibility, coupled with an appropriate sense of humor
Reference Number: 40-25054
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Department of Medicine
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research