Patient Outreach Coordinator-Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Division of General Internal Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a Professional Research Assistant. This position will be with the Ambulatory Health Promotion (AHP) program, an innovative program designed to improve the delivery of preventive and chronic disease care in the outpatient setting.
Job Duties will include the following:
- Interacting with patients and coordinating care by telephone (e.g. scheduling appointments, pending lab orders, communicating with patient care team)
- Reviewing patient electronic medical records to determine eligibility for medical services and to abstract data from patient charts
- Enrolling study subjects and collecting needed data (from patients and/or health care providers), including informed consent, as well as interviewing patients and conducting research interventions
- Preparing presentations on AHP programs
- Collaborating on and preparing research manuscripts and research presentations
- Developing and testing AHP workflows
- Conducting literature review and general web searches
- Performing other assigned duties as needed
Examples of Work Performed:
Work duties are variable. For preventive and chronic disease management services, tasks may include determining patient eligibility for services, generating patient communication, conducting telephone calls, counseling and scheduling patients, and coordinating with practices and clinicians to arrange laboratory tests, procedures, and clinic visits. Reporting duties may include importing datasets into a variety of software applications, data cleaning, and generating summary reports. Other duties may include attending multidisciplinary meetings and work groups, summarizing and presenting AHP outreach, and providing research support as needed.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with patients, health care providers and practice teams
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be creative and proactive
- Must be professional, responsible, and persistent
- Excellent computer literacy including experience with Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Basic knowledge of electronic medical records systems (i.e. Epic) a plus
- Database software experience (such as, but not limited to RedCap and Tableau)
- Customer service experience a plus
- Health care certifications (such as Medical Assistant training) or other advanced degrees preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8501
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Feb 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alexandra Marcus
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00705105