Program Assistant, Department of Psychology (Multiple Positions)
Posting Date September 2, 2016
Position Title Program Assistant, Department of Psychology (Multiple Positions)
Vacancy # VC-348
Division Academic Affairs
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Hires, trains and supervises all student workers. Trains all student workers in Department practices.
• Orders and maintains supplies for Department.
• Assists with recruitment, hiring, scheduling, and orientation of Departmental faculty adjuncts.
• Maintains calendar of all significant dates and activities of importance to HR, faculty reappointment, budgeting, and other activities.
• Coordinates adjunct hiring (processes with personnel and human resources.
• Supports as the Department chair on all personnel matters for adjuncts and full-time faculty.
• Serves Department Chair and Department Personnel Advisory Committee (DPAC) with preparation and security of confidential personnel material related to faculty personnel processes (tenure, promotion, range change, and reappointment, etc.)
• Gathers data from student and faculty files and prepares reports organizing data (e.g., from student evaluations).
• Oversees security and organization of all confidential applications, files and records related to departmental searches.
• Organizes and maintains schedule for labs used by Statistics and Methods courses.
• Coordinates and produces Department Annual Report in consultation with the Chair.
• Serve as Webmaster for the department website. Obtain information from faculty on a periodic basis to provide newsworthy items for the website or for the College of University webpages.
• Maintain the Department Community Canvas site.
• Supports the chair in course scheduling and submitting the same to the Dean's office in a timely manner.
• Provide office coverage for the front office when needed.
• Manages all budget related matters on FRS and PeopleSoft.
• Timekeeper- maintains record of faculty and adjunct absences, files report with HR.
• Make necessary arrangements for department events -- travel arrangements for speakers, conference room reservations, catering, etc.
• Liaison to other campus offices - (physical plant, facility service, registrar office, HR, budget office, accounting, Public relations, Grants office, ORSP, and the book store, etc.)
• Provide pre-award financial planning and post-award support to grant recipients and account management through the use of Financial Records System (FRS)/PeopleSoft.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
• B.A. preferred. Experience can be used in place of educational requirements.
• Three years of professional/clerical experience.
• Specialized training in Accounting, Budgets, and/or Finance.
• Knowledge of accounting systems, spreadsheets and data bases.
• Knowledge of office and Web software.
• Higher Education experience desirable.
• Good communication skills in writing, speaking, and email.
• Ability to work in high demand environment.
• Experience in serving and interacting with diverse communities.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Detail orientation.
• Service Orientation.
• Experience managing and directing others.
• Experience planning and implementing program and process change to improve work experiences.
• Experience using data to inform strategy and make decisions.
P16: $41,230 - $58,006
*NOTE: Salaries for internal candidates are determined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission's formula. Salaries for external candidates are determined up to no more than $46,822.
Anticipated Start Date October 1, 2016
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When submitting a resume and cover letter, please combine the documents into one single document (PDF or MS Word) via the apply link.* https://jobs-montclairedu.icims.com/jobs/1542/program-assistant%2c-department-of-psychology/job
Apply By Open until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION