EAS Business Analyst
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers*
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
EAS Business Analyst - (Denver Campus)
Position # 1017 - Requisition 07638
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence, we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Business Analyst. This full-time University Staff (non-classified) position serves on the Enterprise Applications and Services division in the office of Information Technology (OIT) at the Denver Campus. The Business Analyst requires strong analytical, business process, comprehension, documentation and diplomacy skills. Responsible for interfacing with individual clients, as well as multiple stakeholders and stakeholder groups, this role assists in articulating the technology portfolio, gathering and documenting business requirements, and ensuring alignment of proposed technical solution with the business needs of the university. The Business Analyst is a strategic thinker with a passion for identifying opportunities for improvement, both within the technology and business process domains. Work is performed under supervision and performance is based on the effective outcome of projects and engagements. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance evaluation system and in accordance with the University Policies & Procedures.
The Business Analyst within the Enterprise Applications and Services Division is a University staff (non-classified) administrative position in the Office of Information Technology (OIT) requiring strong analytical, business process, comprehension, documentation and diplomacy skills. Responsible for interfacing with individual clients, as well as multiple stakeholders and stakeholder groups, this role assists in articulating the technology portfolio, gathering and documenting business requirements, and ensuring alignment of proposed technical solution with the business needs of the university. The Business Analyst is a strategic thinker with a passion for identifying opportunities for improvement, both within the technology and business process domains. Work is performed under supervision and performance is based on the effective outcome of projects and engagements. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance evaluation system and in accordance with the University Policies & Procedures.
Examples of Work Performed:
- The Business Analyst will meet with university staff at all levels from executive leadership to school and college administrators, as well as technical and non-technical staff. The Business Analyst will use these discussions will help to clarify and document business requirements, and validate the fit of technical solutions for particular business needs.
- The Business Analyst will document and communicate requirements and solution specifications through the use of a portfolio of tools, such as, but not limited to, business and functional requirements documents, technical specifications, process diagrams, flow charts, use cases and story boards.
- To ensure delivery, the analyst will create traceability matrices, and regularly meet with key stakeholders to ensure that the delivered solution matches the intended outcome. In this role, the Business Analyst may participate in the project management process through all phases from initiation through delivery.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary for this position has been established as $50,000- $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Education and Training:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or a closely related field is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of progressively responsible experience in a Business Analyst or related role.
- Full time, professional-level work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree.
- M.B.A. or M.S. with emphasis in telecommunications, computer science, information systems, IT security, or systems engineering
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience in the IT industry is preferred.
- IT business analysis experience within a governmental or higher education institution is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and decision-making abilities.
- Proven experience developing requirements documentation including stakeholder analysis, business requirements, functional and technical specifications, user stories, use cases, storyboards, business process flow diagrams and test plans.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relations with peers, colleagues, associates, administrative staff members, faculty, and with personnel of external agencies and organizations.
- Self-starter and a quick study with solid technical, financial, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Customer Service focused
- Experience in Higher Education business process analysis.
- Experience working with multiple units and/or organizations, building relationships, with highly collaborative projects.
- Skill in defining program objectives and establishing information technology standards & policies.
- Conflict Resolutions Skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. Questions should be directed to OIT Human Resources at ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Feb 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00001017