Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The University of Colorado Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, is seeking a full-time, board certified psychiatric Nurse Practioner with clinical expertise in all aspects of psychiatry. Primary clinical responsibilities will be at the University of Colorado Infectious Diseases Group Practice(IDGP)/HIV Clinic. This faculty position will participate not only in patient care, but teaching activities that may include supervision of nursing students and conferences for trainees.
- Provide high quality, direct patient care using evidenced-based pharmacology and psychotherapy.
- Provide comprehensive mental health assessments and treatment care plans individualized for patients in the IDGP and University of Colorado Hospital (UCH).
- Prescribe psychotropic medications within scope of practice.
- Collaborate with family and/or professionals to maintain and maximize quality of care for patients.
- Communicate in a manner that promotes care, understanding and overall team functioning (including interactions with patients, patient families, support staff, and other agencies)
- Knowledge of psychiatric illnesses and syndromes, differential diagnosis, and the use of psychotropic medications
- Ability to accurately assess, diagnose, and treat patients with complex psychiatric disorders who also have serious comorbid medical disorders
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, intensity, and duration of therapy
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders
- Collaborate with other professionals, family members, community providers, community organizations to maintain and maximize quality care for patients
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills to include e-mail, Microsoft Word, and navigating the Internet
- Computer skills necessary to use an electronic medical record
- Clear understanding and respect for the importance of maintaining patient confidentiality
- Ability to deal with patients in a safe, calm, and therapeutic manner
- Familiarity with evidence-based psychotherapies such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Applicants should be comfortable working with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to prioritize multiple job responsibilities, work independently, and exercise good professional judgement
- Master's Degree in Psychiatric Nursing from an accredited and approved program Current ANCC credentialing in Psychiatric-Mental Health NP or Psychiatric-Mental Health CNS
- Ability to obtain:
- A current, active, and unrestricted licensure as Colorado NP or CNS with prescriptive authority
- Prescriptive authority from the Colorado State Board of Nursing. Consideration will be given to candidates who have completed all requirements for this authority except for supervisory hours
- Medical Staff Privileges within UCH
- Experience working with medically ill patients who also suffer from severe and persistent mood and anxiety disorders
- Experience working with HIV patients
- Knowledge of Epic
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08626
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20204 - SOM-MED-Infectious Disease
Posting Date: Mar 30, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michael Durbin
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00615397