Postdoctoral Fellow (Causal Inference)
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT DENVER
Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Biostatistics and Informatics
Nature of Work
The Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, Colorado School of Public Health, is seeking a two-year post-doctoral fellow in causal inference, available to start immediately. The focus of this position will be the development and implementation of novel statistical and computational methods motivated by potential applications to observational studies. The work will involve both methodological research with biostatistics faculty and collaboration with biomedical investigators. The incumbent will report directly to Dr. Debashis Ghosh. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a highly collaborative campus, and the particular collaborative direction will depend on the interests of the applicant.
Specific duties include:
- Research (70%)
- Data management
- Statistical methods development
- Exploratory data analysis
- Bioinformatics analysis
- Statistical computing (10%)
- R package development
- Research results (20%)
- Presentations at conferences
- Manuscript preparation
- PhD/ ScD from an accredited college or university in statistics, biostatistics, computer science or related field at the start of the postdoc.
- Background in causal inference
- Minimum of 2 year(s) experience in statistical software R, Matlab, Python or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) using the English language
- The ability to work independently on data analysis and research
Desired or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with development of R packages or other software
- Minimum 1 year experience in machine learning methods
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Debashis Ghosh, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08650
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21419 - CSPH-Bio Info General Ops
Posting Date: Feb 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dr. Debashis Ghosh
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00654874