Assistant Dean of Business and Operations
Reporting directly to the Dean of the Sturm College of Law, the Assistant Dean of Business and Operations is responsible for all financial and administrative activities at Denver Law, including, without limitation, financial policies and procedures, budget development, financial controls, facilities management, personnel matters, project management, and strategic initiatives. This position has an independent (dotted) reporting line to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Financial and Business Affairs on matters relating to budget development, planning, and management.
* Exercise oversight and authority of a dynamic budgetary planning, modeling, and forecasting processes in a multifaceted unit with several revenue sources.
* Supervise, coordinate, and implement all financial functions at Denver Law, including, but not limited to, revenues and receivables, purchasing, accounts payable, and fiscal reporting. Train and manage performance of unit-level employees performing these functions. Ensure that all financial transactions are completed timely, accurately and in compliance with applicable accounting principles, University and federal policies, and donor restrictions.
* Responsible for recommending and implementing long-range strategic planning, goals, and growth projections.
* Plan for staffing needs and workload distribution for multi-functional areas, and identify funding source(s) for staffing, develops strategies and lead long term staffing plan for a diverse and dynamic workforce.
* Anticipate problems and develop resolution strategies; serve as a resource for others in resolving issues and problems.
* Actively participate in ensuring employee growth and development.
* Develop and monitor internal policies and procedures to meet wide-ranging business needs, which have broad impact, including negotiating with external entities and constituents.
* Oversee Denver Law supervisors to ensure compliance with performance management policies and procedures.
* Communicates information involving complex matters, which may involve using persuasion and negotiation.
* Monitor maintenance and renovation of the Ricketson Law Building – a LEED Gold facility considered one of the finest law buildings in the United States.
* Oversee the Technology Department at Denver Law, including the management of long-term financial planning for technology upgrades, deployment of new technology, and ensuring high-functioning technology support for relevant constituents.
* Oversee the Project Management Department at Denver Law, including the creation and application of policies that ensure the successful execution of events and strategic initiatives.
* Manage and implement emergency preparedness and business continuity planning efforts.
* Direct the submission of reporting to external organizations, including the American Bar Association.
* Play a leadership role in the campus-wide business officer community as a mentor, role model, and resource for other business officers.
* Supervise and manage professional level employees.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
* 7 years of progressive work experience of business or administration management.
* Minimum 3 years of management/supervisory experience.
* Master's degree in business, finance, accounting, higher education, law or related field.
* Experience with budget operations in a higher education setting.
* Proficiency with Banner software.
* Familiarity with generally accepted accounting practices.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.