Administrative Services Coordinator
Salary: $44,292 - $63,540
Title: Administrative Services Coordinator
Department: VP International Affairs Admin
Date Posted: 02/27/2017
Position Information: The Administrative Services Coordinator is responsible for processing purchasing requests, making travel arrangements, and processing travel reimbursements for the International Affairs Office and units within (International Students and Scholars, Education Abroad and Summer Study Abroad). Provides comprehensive administrative support on a wide range of projects, including event and program logistics support.
Minimum Requirements: 1. A minimum of five years of purchasing-related work experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to independently retrieve/download financial data, perform analysis and effectively communicate results.
3. Demonstrated experience with processing routine financial accounting/purchasing transactions with an online financial system and with identifying account variances and researching discrepancies.
4. Thorough knowledge of general office procedures and experience providing a wide range of administrative support for multiple staff in a strong service environment.
5. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, using tact and diplomacy; demonstrated ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, and with diverse groups. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
6. Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Publisher and email software applications.
7. Ability to work in a fast-pace environment with multiple competing deadlines.
8. Skill in accurate record-keeping with strict attention to detail and problem solving.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Knowledge of the applicable federal, state, UC policies and procedures and regulations governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
2. Demonstrated experience with the UCR Financial System (UCRFS).
3. Demonstrated experience with the online Banner System.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #12 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 55th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview