System Administrator (Reg FT)
System Administrator (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Install, support, and maintain server software, hardware, and applications to assure integrity and reliability in support of the ITS strategy and college mission and goals.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 10, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Grade and salary will be determined based on the candidate's knowledge and experience.
Campus: Office of College Services
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Degree or certifications in computer science or related field experience required (or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience). Experience in Windows Server 2008 and above in a virtualized server environment (Hyper-V and Failover Clustering preferred). Job will focus primarily on deployment and maintenance of Microsoft on premise enterprise systems including Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, DFS, System Center, and IIS. Experience with SQL Server, Lync/Skype for Business, SharePoint, and MDT would be a plus. Automation of system tasks using PowerShell or other scripting methods. Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, and server and firewall security fundamentals. Microsoft Certified Professional, Security+, or other related certifications preferred.
1. Install, maintain, and harden systems (both physical hardware and virtual systems) following industry best practice recommendations.
2. Diagnose, research, resolve and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
3. Provide integration and automation through the use of scripts and software development languages.
4. Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to provide consultation on planning, implementation, interface and use of systems.
5. Participate in network security to protect the college's system and information resources.
6. Provides necessary documentation, training and guidance to network engineers and technical staff. Assists with documentation for end users.
7. Work in teams on highly visible and time sensitive projects.
8. Work outside normal working hours on downtime tasks such as patching, upgrading, and/or implementing new systems.
9. Perform data backup and restoration procedures
10. Provide timely, on-call assistance on emergency issues that arise outside normal working hours.
11. Travel to other campus locations for purposes of system implementation and maintenance.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Information Technology Services
Job Open Date: 02-24-2017
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: ">http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.