Employee Type: Faculty
Position Number: 038647
Work Location: Pullman
Summary of Duties:
The Department of English at Washington State University in Pullman—the flagship campus of a Carnegie RU/VH university—invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Associate or Full Professor in Rhetoric and Composition to serve as the Director of Composition, starting August 2017. This is a 9-month position with summer support provided for duties beyond the academic year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits are competitive, and initial summer research support is normally available.
This position teaches (on a typical 1-1 load) graduate pedagogy courses, undergraduate and graduate courses in composition, pedagogy, and rhetoric, advises graduate students, chairs the Composition Committee, and works closely with the Department Chair and Director of Graduate Studies. The position also works with the Associate Director of Composition to carry out additional responsibilities, including program assessment, course development, TA and instructor mentoring, and weekly professional development sessions.
The successful applicant will also be expected to conduct scholarly research leading to publication in areas of expertise, and to maintain a leadership role in coordinating and developing the Composition Program and outreach throughout the campus community.
1. Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition or closely related area by the hire date;
2. Evidence of productive research program appropriate to projected rank;
3. Evidence of successful teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level;
4. Evidence of ability to mentor students and teachers, including those from diverse backgrounds;
5. Evidence of experience directing a Composition Program
6. Candidates for Associate Professor must have served at least 6 years as Assistant Professor or equivalent by the hire date. Candidates for Full Professor must have served at least 6 years as Associate Professor or equivalent by the hire date.
Posting Open Date: 02/24/2017
Posting Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://www.wsujobs.com/postings/30944
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.