PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS
Position: Professor of Mathematics (Successful candidates may be assigned to other locations)
This position is contingent upon funding at the time of hire.
Salary: $50,868 - $69,468 (additional compensation for doctorate)
Closing Date: March 27, 2017, 12:00 pm, PST
Beginning Date: August 10th, 2017
- Master's degree in mathematics or applied mathematics OR
- Bachelor's degree in either of the above and Master's degree in statistics, physics, or mathematics education from an accredited institution OR
- Hold a California Community College Instructor Credential in mathematics OR the equivalent
- Must have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- Minimum of one year of community college teaching experience in mathematics.
- Education and/or expertise in adult learning theory and practice.
- Current technology skills related to teaching in the discipline and a willingness to pursue future technological developments.
General Description: This is a full-time, tenure track instructional assignment under the general direction of the Dean of Science, Math and Engineering. The professor will teach a full lecture load. The professor must be willing to teach all levels of mathematics from fundamentals of mathematics through transfer level courses. The standard teaching load is 15 units per semester, which may include evening and weekend hours.
- Provide instruction in accordance with established course outlines and expectations
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance policy
- Maintain required student attendance and scholastic records
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations
- Post and maintain regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy
- Participate in the development and review of curriculum
- Participate in the development of teaching-learning methods and materials
- Participate in departmental, area and campus professional activities/committees
- Participate in the college's learning outcomes assessment program, including course, program, and institutional assessments
- Perform tasks needed for student records, e.g., submit grades on time to admissions and records
Science, Math, & Engineering Area: The Area consists of 37 full-time members and employs approximately 50 adjunct faculty members both on the main campus and at the off-campus centers. It offers a full range of classes from the pre-associate degree to the sophomore transfer level.
How to Apply: All applicants must provide the following items by the closing date in order to be considered for this recruitment. Documents may be emailed or faxed in order to meet the deadline, but all documents must be clear and legible. Email to: HR@mccd.edu, or Fax: 209-384-6103 or mail: Yeng Her, Office of Human Resources, Merced College, 3600 M Street, Merced, CA 95348-2898
- Completed District application form available online http://www.mccd.edu/offices/hr/jobs/faculty-ft.html
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- Three recent letters of recommendation
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are in the Human Resources Office on the filing deadline. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All materials submitted in your application file become District property and will not be returned to you.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed most qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee which includes a 15-minute teaching demonstration on a selected topic. Finalist interviews with district administrators will follow the same or next day. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Expenses for travel and accommodations will be the responsibility of the candidates.
Employee Benefits: The District pays (with small contribution from employee) health, prescription, vision and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents. Life and income protection insurance premiums are provided for the employee only. Sick leave and retirement benefits are also provided.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be livescanned and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. An applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Faculty members, as a condition of employment, must become members of Merced College Faculty Association or pay a representation fee in an equal amount to a charity agreeable to MCFA. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
Apply for PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly