First Year Experience Librarian
The Carl B. Ylvisaker Library at Concordia College seeks a creative, dynamic, and energetic individual for the position of First Year Experience (FYE) Librarian to begin August 2017. The Carl B. Ylvisaker Library is a teaching library where all of its librarians are engaged in library instruction and information literacy skill development. As the college makes strategic investments in integrative learning, digital scholarship, and readiness for life after college, this reconfigured position will add to our existing personnel who focus on teaching and learning. The FYE Librarian will coordinate an established, successful first year program, collaborating with other librarians and staff to pursue strategic priorities of the library and the college.
- Coordinates library instruction for first-year students and provides curriculum-integrated instructional sessions to liaison areas.
- Works closely with other librarians in the creation, implementation, and assessment of first-year information literacy learning objectives.
- Collaborates with key campus partners that support the first year experience.
- Builds effective relationships with students, faculty, and other academic partners through ongoing outreach and engagement activities.
- Serves as liaison to assigned academic departments (based on expertise and interests) including responsibility for instruction, collection development, communication, and relationship building.
- Provides reference service and research consultations with students and faculty, including the possibility of an evening shift.
- Keeps abreast of pedagogical theories and practices, particularly as they relate to new students.
To be recommended for appointment, candidates must have:
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited graduate program in library and information studies, or its international equivalent.
- Knowledge of trends and services in academic libraries to support first year experience programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience in classroom or other teaching situations.
- Experience in providing library reference/research assistance.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with the use of emerging technologies and multimedia in library and classroom settings.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://hr.cord.edu. Concordia College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Criminal background check required.