Executive Director of Enrollment and Retention Services
Executive Director of Enrollment and Retention Services
The University of Wisconsin – Stout, in partnership with the national search firm of Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of Enrollment and Retention Services. This position is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for Enrollment and Retention Services, creating a student-centered climate of collaboration, support, and community, which fosters exemplary student services and continuous improvement for student success.
The Executive Director of Enrollment and Retention Services will be a proven leader who is able to establish and maintain effective and responsible working relationships. This individual will have demonstrated abilities in organizational planning, budget and assessment, a record of working effectively to promote an environment of collegiality and inclusion, possess the ability to build a strong team and develop and maintain collaborative relationships, while demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills. A successful candidate will demonstrate ethical values, creativity, energy and will be committed to student services and the mission of UW-Stout.
A member of the University of Wisconsin System, UW-Stout serves over 9,500 students in 26 graduate programs, including two terminal degrees and 48 undergraduate programs. As "Wisconsin's Polytechnic University," students, faculty and staff use applied learning, scientific theory and research to solve real-world problems, grow the state’s economy and serve society. A leader in adopting new technology, UW-Stout is a digital campus and all faculty and staff are required to use available technology in their positions including course delivery. Increasingly courses are offered via alternative delivery methods and time frames.
The university is located in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, one hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94; located in the scenic Chippewa Valley Region with a population base of more than 200,000. Menomonie is a city of 16,000 surrounded by lakes, streams and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm
The Executive Director of Enrollment and Retention Services position overview:
The Executive Director will be the campus leader regarding strategic enrollment management and retention. The ideal candidate will:
- Lead a team that will guide all facets of the University’s enrollment- undergraduate, graduate, resident, non-resident, underrepresented and international students,
- Lead the work with units across campus to facilitate student retention, particularly between the first and second semester, and the first and second year,
- Lead teams through data-informed, strategic planning and collaborative processes that demonstrate support for institutional mission, vision, and values,
- Understand the unique dynamics of recruitment and retention in a polytechnic university that is part of the University of Wisconsin – System,
- Have budgeting experience, including a comprehensive understanding of various funding sources, and the ability to lead thoughtfully through budgetary constraints and limitations,
- Engage actively in developing intercultural competence and identify ways in which their leadership has supported inclusivity initiatives in their previous work experience,
- Successfully navigate complex conflict situations and demonstrate an ability to reach negotiated resolutions,
- Actively engage in collaborative endeavors with both internal and external stakeholders that assist individual departments and divisional units in reaching goals and initiatives,
- Have proven leadership abilities through dynamic and changing environments and have the trust of those with whom he/she/they work,
- Have successfully supervised professional staff and intentionally seek to develop staff who are relevant, intentional, and thoughtful in their work with faculty, staff and students,
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing and effectively serve as a spokesperson for the units in their area of supervision.
- Consider new strategies for recruitment and retention based on a report being developed by consultants this semester.
The Executive Director will supervise the following areas: Admissions, Advisement Center, Financial Aids, and Records and Registration. These areas work collaboratively with other leaders in Academic and Student Affairs and other Divisions to meet campus goals for recruitment and retention.
The successful candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- Master's degree (Terminal degree in related field preferred)
- Experience in strategic enrollment management, including effective data-driven decision making through collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience in higher education student services administration, including supervision experience and fiscal management
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity in developing successful marketing, recruitment and retention strategies
- Understanding of the role that technology plays in gaining efficiencies, supporting recruitment and retention efforts, and enhancing effectiveness and be able to advocate for necessary funding to incorporate technology where appropriate
- Engaged in policy development practices and process improvement initiatives
All correspondence relating to the position of Executive Director of Enrollment and Retention Services at University of Wisconsin – Stout should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultants:
Mr. Christopher S. Healy, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Applicants must apply electronically by submitting a cover letter outlining their experience and success in all the areas indicated in The Position Overview, a complete and up-to-date resume, and a list of five professional references with title, institutional affiliation, e-mail address and direct telephone numbers. Applications submitted by March 31, 2017, will receive priority consideration.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check.
Apply for Executive Director of Enrollment and Retention Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly