We are hiring a NOC Operator for a Full Time position in Buena Park, CA
We need someone with SAP experience as well as Mainframe experience. Prefer to have someone with Network A+ or MCSA.
Description of Assignment:
- Primary function would be remote technical support for a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center and hosting facility
- Monitor and manipulate production batch for the following platforms: IBM z/OS (MVS), UNIX, and MS-Windows
- Ensure successful in-bound and outbound data transfers and engage Telecom carriers to resolve circuit outages
- Print reports generated by production processing, perform quality reviews and segregate for courier pickup
- Mount, dismount, and rotate magnetic tape media, interface with vaulting vendors, and update logs as needed
- Utilize NOC monitoring tools to continually determine the operational status and performance of network nodes
- Utilize NOC monitoring tools to continually determine the operation status and latency of websites (URLs)
- Document exceptions in trouble ticket system, populate shift turnovers, and engage internal and external resources
- Ensure maximum uptime of all monitored and hosted systems and sites
- Contribute information and artifacts in order to ensure accurate monthly SLA (Service Level Agreement) reports
- Act as a Level 1 Help Desk tech fielding client calls, routing issues, generating trouble tickets, escalating issues, etc.
- Must be able to consistently and alertly work evening and early morning shifts (split shift).
- Work Schedule It varies needed to cover for Co-Workers.
- Must be amenable to additional hours and days beyond regular schedule to provide time-off coverage for co-workers on a short notice.
- Moderate knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WANs
- Moderate knowledge of z/OS (MVS) from a Computer Operator perspective
- Moderate knowledge of UNIX and MS-Windows from a Computer Operator or NOC Analyst perspective
- Moderate knowledge of MS-Word to ensure timely and accurate composition and updating of reports
- Sound written communications skills
- Sound verbal communications with an emphasis on consistent Help Desk-level diplomacy
- 2 years of experience using a NOC monitoring tool (i.e., Nagios, Uptime, OpenView, BMC Patrol, Tivoli, etc.)
- 2 years of experience interfacing with physical servers, virtual servers, telecom circuits, and host systems
- 2 years of experience with mission critical facility components (UPS Systems, Generators, Fire Suppression, etc.)
- 2 years of experience using event management tools (i.e., Autosys, CA7, Jobtrac, Control-M, Maestro, UC4, etc.)
- 2 years of experience using a trouble ticket system (i.e., Remedy, Track-It, ManageNow, CA-Service Desk, etc.)
- 2 years of experience fielding client requests in a technical call center
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Buena Park, CA
Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:01:45 PST