Assistant Registrar 494866
Assistant Registrar 494866
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 494866
Job Summary/Basic Function:
PRIMARY DAILY RESPONSIBILITY: Oversight/management of course scheduling and space utilization processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the primary contact for Ad Astra Schedule for the university. Coordinates with academic departments and Deans in the production of course schedules each term. Serves as Ad Astra trainer for campus community for appropriate use of Ad Astra and use of classroom resources.
- Assigns academic space in a manner consistent with LU space use policies while accommodating pedagogical needs, based on student need, academic requirements and efficient utilization of instructional space.
- Conducts periodic classroom inventory reviews to identify any changes and reports findings to Institutional Research and Reporting (IRR)
- Maintains open and effective communication with University Registrar, Deans and academic units to ensure efficient and effective management of the space utilization within the academic schedule - including keeping apprised of the planning, renovation and technological upgrades to academic space.
- Collaborates with IRR to ensure the accuracy of facility use data reported to THECB.
- Updates classroom assignments to meet changing course enrollments and in order to maximize the institutional SUE score.
- Facilitates assignment of academic space for non-academic events in a manner that protects academic use while providing maximum availability for student and community events.
- Maintains policy and procedure manuals detailing the above duties.
- Provides the University Registrar, administration and department chairs with actionable data that supports the evaluation of sections and seats offered per course each term to produce schedules that are better in alignment with student demand while maximizing institutional resources.
- Conduct space utilization and capacity analysis, academic schedule optimization, course offering and demand analysis, credential pursuit and attainment analysis, and margin analysis of classes, courses and programs, educational and general facilities inventory and space coding, facilities audit and building programming.
- Serves on various academic and administrative committees as directed by the University Registrar.
- Assists University Registrar with commencement exercises, preview days, orientation sessions and other organized events. Assures appropriate resources are secured and scheduled. Assists or serves as lead for process and/or technology implementations. Attends, as directed by University Registrar, professional development opportunities in areas appropriate to fields of responsibility, such as Ad Astra.
- Supervises team of 2-5 employees
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education Required - Bachelor’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred
- Minimum Experience - Minimum three (3) years of higher education experience required. Preference given to those with experience in a Registrar’s Office. Ideal candidate has experience working with student module of Banner Student Information System and is computer proficient - particularly in MS Office. Knowledge of and/or experience with schedule-building is ideal. Candidate should have demonstrable experience in initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating small or large scale events. Ability to understand and interpret policies, rules and regulations. Candidate must possess strong presentation skills as well as an ability to maintain confidentiality. Must have a knowledge of FERPA and student privacy laws, proven ability to effectively communicate with Deans, Department Chairs, faculty, staff and students regarding registrar policies and procedures. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced office, ensuring timeframes and responsibilities are met. Ability to analyze and solve simple and complex problems through to completion and to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information. Ability to manage projects from start to finish with minimum supervision as well as the ability to accept directions on given assignments.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 02/24/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.