Manager, Business Development
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Business Development position.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, this position is responsible for managing the College's Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA) grant program and the Center for Small Business Education, Growth & Training. The Manager, Business Development assists the Director in promoting Corporate Solutions training products, programs, and services, while developing sustainable and productive relationships with new and existing businesses and industry partners.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of four (4) years' experience in successful business development and/or sales experience within the area of economic/workforce development required.
• Previous experience conducting needs assessments and developing education and training solutions required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Excellent relationship building, collaboration and interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to meet established performance goals required.
• Must be self-motivated and results-orientated.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
• Ability to effectively use the internet to research companies and generate leads required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills required.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends as needed, is required.
• Valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Previous business development experience within academia or economic development preferred.
• Computer proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint preferred.