Non-Tenure Track Faculty - Corporate Social Responsibility
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-22-2016
The Department of Management and Quantitative Methods is seeking to a hire a non-tenure track faculty member to instruct one course in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). This course is designed for students to learn about corporations in a broader context, beyond simply to "maximizing profit" and to recognize that shareholders as well as other stakeholders are important corporate components. The course is for more advanced students to engage in original research or intensive study under the guidance of a professor who will meet regularly with them to discuss their reports and findings.
1. Masters Degree in Business Administration or related area.
2. Excellent communications and problem solving skills.
3. Excellent knowledge of corporate social responsibility, business ethics, environmental management, or closely related subject (demonstrated via coursework and/or work experience).
4. Ability to design and deliver high quality instructional programs.
5. Availability to meet with students outside of regularly scheduled class time (4 or more office hours per week).
6. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level, preferably in the field of business and corporate social responsibility or business ethics.
2. Several years of corporate experience.
3. Doctoral degree in Business Administration or related area.
4. Publications (academic or practitioner focused) in corporate social responsibility or related area.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.