Painter Supervisor - Facilities Management & Planning
- Under general supervision, supervises, directs and is responsible for the work of painters and other assigned personnel in connection with painting; performs related work.
- Supervises and is responsible for the work of painters in inside and outside painting of a general nature including all coats, filling, priming, matching colors and mixing paints.
- Assigns and lays out work for painters.
- Inspects and checks work progress in all stages to completion.
- Examines the work of contractors, evaluates adherence to contract specifications and directs changes to conform to the contract.
- Selects proper type of ladder, scaffold or platform for any particular job.
- Takes off quantities from plans and specifications.
- Requisitions required materials and equipment.
- Keeps records and makes reports.
- Six years of full-time satisfactory experience as a painter acquired within the last fifteen years, one year of which must have been spent in the duties of a supervising painter; OR
- At least four years of experience as described in 1 above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of the remaining required experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational high school. However, all candidates must have had at least one year of full-time satisfactory experience as a supervising painter acquired within the last fifteen years.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin March 10, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Painter Supervisor - Facilities Management & Planning
Job ID: 16365
Full/Part Time: Full-Time