SAS Graduate Assistant (2/3) - Center for Teaching and Learning
Job Category Graduate Assistantship
Posting Number M00705
Department Center for Teaching & Learning
Reports To Director, Student Access Services
Point of Contact Michelle Steiner
Marymount Graduate Students who are taking at least 6 graduate credits each semester are invited to apply for a part-time (2/3) Graduate Assistantship position in the CTL department.
A 2/3 Graduate Assistant works a total of 210 hours during the semester. 14 hours of service per week across a 15 week semester.
Duties include: meetings with students who have been identified by the Director of Student Access Services ( SAS ) and reporting progress and areas of need.
The 2/3 GA receives waiver of 6 graduate credit each semester of the assistantship.
This position reports to the Director of Student Access Services ( SAS ).
- Accepted into a Marymount graduate program for the Fall
- Enrolled in at least 6 graduate credits for the Fall 2017 semester
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- An enrolled full-time Marymount graduate student in Education, School Counseling or Clinical Mental Health Counseling .
- Excellent academic record. Community service and or professional experience.
Special Notes to Applicants
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The university's location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nation's capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Percent of total time 85
Responsibility / Duty
Primarily, the GA will be expected to assist students registered with Student Access Services with:
- organizing their academic activities (i.e., reviewing syllabus, creating and following a study schedule);
- using appropriate University resources (i.e., CTL tutoring, Counseling Center); and
- developing skills for self-monitoring and self-advocacy (i.e., using Canvas to track their own academic progress, seeking assistance when necessary).
Percent of total time 15
Responsibility / Duty
Duties may also include developing or updating resource lists, and mass e-mailing SAS announcements, disability awareness, and event information.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credits each semester of the assistantship?
- * Have you been accepted into a Marymount University graduate degree program?
- * Do you have at least a 3.0 GPA?
- Cover Letter