GPA Communications Coach-Enrollment Management & Admissions-reopened
Category: Part Time Non-Benefit Positions
Department: Enrollment Management & Admissions
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Feb 24, '17
Type: PT No Benefits
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Bunker Hill Community College is seeking a GPA Communications Coach to work within the Admissions Office to assist prospective students and applicants with the following:
- Providing information and support to Boston Public Schools graduates who apply to BHCC and submit their official transcript
- Coordinating with Chelsea Admissions and the Dual Enrollment office in the collating and organizing of high school transcripts
- Creation of the list of high school graduates who apply to BHCC for GPA placement evaluation
- Coordinating with the Assessment Center to facilitate effective, timely communication with test-takers
- Develop and implement a communication plan to track students who are eligible to participate in the GPA Pilot
- Recruit graduates from Boston Public Schools to enroll at BHCC and participate in the GPA Pilot
- Conducting outreach to high school graduates with incomplete BHCC applications to provide information regarding the GPA placement system
- Conducting outreach to high school graduates who are eligible to apply for the BHCC
- Commonwealth Honors Program based on GPA evaluation
- Experience in a high school or college setting working with students
- Experience using CRM system and other related technology
Hours and Salary: 18.5 hr./wk. @ $19.00/hr (non-benefitted)
Position Open until filled
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com select the Apply Now and follow the instructions. Fax large transcript files to (617)-228-3328.