Product Enclosure Design Engineer/Supervisor
1746 N. Saint Thomas Circle
Orange, CA 92865
Position: Product Enclosure Design Engineer
Department: Engineering/Document Control
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Product Enclosure Design Engineer and supervisor is responsible for designing of electronic enclosures and analyzing, creating and modifying parts as required to support manufacturing, engineering and sales departments. In addition, will be controlling documents and part numbers to support the operations of IntelliPower, Inc. This position can evolve into the Dept. Manager position when the current manager retires.
• Design whole assemblies to IntelliPower standards
• Maintain and organize fabrication/assembly drawings and bills of materials as part of sustaining engineering of the maintenance phases of products
• Maintain and organize 3D models of individual parts and assemblies as part of sustaining engineering of the maintenance phases of products
• Process document and design control change orders. Release and control revisions of drawings, communicating changes through an ECO process, distribute applicable documentation to manufacturing, contract manufacturers and other appropriate departments. Ensure documents are filed appropriately and conform to established format
• Assign new part numbers and maintain part master file
• Perform database searches, data analysis and reporting to assist design engineers on product development
• Create and maintain documentation on workflows, processes and procedures
• Oversee the implementation of and manage an electronic document control system
• Create operational method sheets for processes though the use of digital photography
• Maximize process efficiencies through continuous improvement
• Technical writing for internal test procedures and user manuals
• Editing of product photos for literature and web site
Provides leadership to the department and being groomed to become department manager.
• Other duties as assigned
• 5 to 8 years of experience in AutoCAD (or equivalent) utilizing 3D Modeling and producing production drawings. Box build experience required. Do not apply if you do not have the required 3D AutoCAD or equivalent experience. Management experience.
• Excellent interpersonal relations and written/oral communication skills required.
• Well organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to gather, interpret and proactively act on data with minimal supervision
• High sense of urgency with ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with accuracy, anticipating and adjusting to challenges
• ISO9000 implementation experience. Knowledge of documentation requirements for ISO9000 certification
• Good working knowledge and an efficient use of an electronic documentation management system, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Visio and Microsoft applications
• 4 years minimum experience in AutoCAD (or equivalent) is required
• Willing to work overtime as necessary.
IntelliPower, Inc. develops and manufactures advanced technology on line Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs) with state-of-the-art high frequency switching technology and embedded microprocessor and DSP control. IntelliPower has been experiencing significant growth with focus on niche markets such as military applications, industrial applications, industrial applications, and mission critical commercial systems. IntelliPower has achieved the market leadership position in these market segments with total emphasis on customer satisfaction.
IntelliPower's business model is focused upon continuous improvement of all aspects of our business processes and execution embracing our ISO 9001:2008 Quality System.
IntelliPower has become the top and most respected UPS solutions provider among customers who want high reliability in rugged or harsh environments. We have won many major military and industrial customers and programs with near term and long demand requirements.
The company offers medical coverage, 401K and other benefits along with great growth opportunities. Additionally, IntelliPower currently has openings in the administrative, sales, engineering, technical and manufacturing functional areas.
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 21:06:11 PST