Department Chair, Associate Degree Nursing
General Statement of Job
Provides academic leadership, management, and overall coordination for specific academic Associate Degree Nursing area, serves as the budget authority for the Department, represents the Department on College councils, committees, and in college processes, as appropriate, uses a collegial process to facilitate departmental decision making, and provides a College-Wide instructional leadership environment conducive to student success.
Location Eastview Campus
Note: Round Rock and Clinical Education Center Hours Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am -5 pm with some evenings and weekends Salary Salary is assigned according to the Full-Time Faculty Salary Scale. FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Dean Health Sciences Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Ensures consistency in the delivery of curriculum and services to faculty and students at all designated campuses.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
- Supervisory practices, principles, and methods.
- Presenting information and summary reports internally and to the public.
- Understanding of the community college philosophy and mission.
- College programs, services, and strategic directions.
- Effective leadership and ethics techniques, including Servant-Leadership principles.
- Multicultural education programs and systems.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Supervising and coordinating activities of subordinate personnel.
- Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
- Planning and managing budgets and manpower needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
Required Work Experience
- Three years work experience as a registered nurse.
- Three years work experience in a professional nursing education program.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience in the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing processes.
- Two years effective community college experience at the Associate degree Nursing level.
- Experience with distance learning technology.
- In accordance with SACSCOC requirements: Master of Science in Nursing. SACSCOC requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at http://www.austincc.edu/faculty/credentials/.
- Holds earned doctorate in nursing or is currently enrolled in doctoral study in nursing.
- Current Texas Nursing License, without stipulations, or eligibility for licensure, with no current disciplinary action.
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with distance learning course development.<br />
- Teaching/administrative experience in a baccalaureate nursing or RN to BSN program.
- Provide resources for safe operation of units. Provide financial and human resources to help eliminate identified safety hazards. Create and support a workplace safety culture by leadership and example.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.