DIRECTOR OF CAREER SERVICES
Duties: Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive career services program that meets the needs of GSE students and alumni while complementing the offerings of Penn's Career Services. Collaborate with GSE faculty, program managers, staff and student leaders in planning and coordinating career programs, workshops, employer and alumni panels, information sessions and virtual activities.
Provide career development opportunities to assist students in understanding their professional interests and goals. Examples include:
o Self-assessment and professional goal setting
o Job/Internship search strategies
o Professional licensing and career resources
o Salary negotiation
Develop an alumni mentor program. Cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective employers, develop partnerships with schools and districts, nonprofits and industry, and with national professional development organizations.
Produce and analyze post-graduation employment data. Research, evaluate and maintain job placement data for alumni. Develop and maintain a web presence with alumni outcomes and career development resources.
Qualifications: Master's Degree and 3 to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Doctorate and 7+ years of experience preferred.
* Ability to work autonomously and as a team oriented individual
* Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment
* Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, alumni, staff, faculty and prospective employers
* Ability to collect and analyze statistical data for periodic and end of year reporting
* An appreciation for working in a diverse and inclusive learning community
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Previous experience in career development or career services preferred.
Reference Number: 32-25111
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration