Duties: The Library Clerk is responsible for the physical arrangement and order of materials in the library collections. Responsible for Faculty Document Delivery primary processing.
* Administer Surveys.
* Answer patron questions.
* Assist with computer projects; Assist librarians as needed; Assist other library departments with large projects; Assist patrons with photocopiers; Assist with special events in Library.
* Claim looseleaf binders and releases if necessary.
* Close library Saturday nights; Perform evening sweep: clear books from tables and carrels by 11PM.
* Create 'on-the-fly' item records for Tech Services.
* Distribute newspapers; Distribute printouts to faculty mailboxes.
* Faculty Document Delivery primary processing.
* File Looseleafs.
* Maintain clocks, lights, chairs, and signage; Maintain Lewis Collection.
* Make Lewis retrieval at 1:30; Make brief recalls; Make rush deliveries to faculty offices; Make rush returns to campus libraries for faculty.
* Move 40lb. boxes/materials - archives, special collections, gifts.
* Notify patrons of retrieved Lewis materials.
* Participate in scanning projects.
* Photocopy for Faculty Document Delivery and staff.
* Relieve Circulation desk staff.
* Report problems received from patrons.
* Reshelve materials and shelf read daily.
* Retrieve and return materials to/from other campus libraries.
* Route and notify staff of incoming faxes.
* Serve as 'skeleton staff' when law school closes due to weather, early dismissal.
* Shelve new materials; Shelve government documents (Biddle and Lewis); Shelve microfiche.
* Shift collection.
* Update volumes with pocket parts.
* Weed collection (including newspapers).
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: * HS Diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience in library setting desired.
* Strong customer service orientation, attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills helpful.
* Position may require some physical effort such as lifting or standing for extended periods of time.
Reference Number: 56-25062
Salary Grade: U
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Biddle Law Library
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 1-Unionized