We currently have a career opportunity for a Manager/Senior Tax Accountant to join our Tax Advisory practice, on a career path that will broaden your horizons. This position offers you a wide variety of tax consulting and compliance work experiences. It also provides a broad skill set and diverse knowledge base, both very helpful as you consider which specific areas of tax you may wish to pursue as your career advances. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop into a "well-rounded" tax professional, with the opportunity to gain valuable real world experience in many different areas.
• Research complex tax theory and positions, and apply them to specific client needs.
• Exercise a high degree of independent judgment and discretion in providing tax services.
• Identify and document tax technical and engagement issues and risks.
• Demonstrate solid working knowledge of tax tools and technology.
• Monitor, mentor and train staff.
• Discuss the engagement with internal and external sources to gain thorough knowledge of the client.
• Prepare work plans and other planning documents.
• Determine and prepare information needs and the methods for gathering data; assess data when received; determine whether critical data elements have been received.
• Prepare and maintain accurate, well organized work papers.
• Perform a quality review of the product.
• Develop an understanding of engagement economics to become aware of how decisions impact profitability.
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business.
• Provide performance feedback to Staff.
• Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm.
• Assist in firm administrative functions as assigned by the Members.
• Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
To qualify, candidates must have:
• A bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related tax work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3-4 years of related tax work experience
• Professional certification (e.g., CPA, EA, JD)
• Working knowledge of current and emerging tax issues, with the ability to apply knowledge
• Working knowledge of tax laws
• Working knowledge of tax software
• Ability to work in a cloud based environment
• Self-driven, demonstrates initiative and able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
• A commitment to learning and improvement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to mentor and train firm staff
Raposa Perry Young, LLC, is a comprehensive team of year-round advisors whose expertise far exceeds the preparation of tax returns. Vigilant analysis of ever-changing tax code and regulations are at the heart of RPY's advice and strategies, which result in an enhanced client experience and winning tax strategies. RPY professionals help companies and individuals understand the impact of careful tax planning on their business and/or personal financial status. Advanced applications of technology allow RPY to respond rapidly to new regulations and/or changes in clients' financial status. This platform has resulted in an exciting growth mode at RPY. Accordingly, the firm is recruiting accomplished professionals who will contribute to the firm's growth while enjoying a strong opportunity for advancement and personal development.
Daytona Beach, FL
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 12:35:43 PST