Assistant Box Office Supervisor (F/T), CF1N11132PARTS
Responsible for a major portion of Box Office activities under the direction of the Box Office Supervisor. These activities include set-up of 300+ annual MAC and rental events in the ProVenue ticketing system; sale, reconciliation and reporting of ticket sales on the computerized ticketing system, direction of Box Office activities, including training and supervising Box Office employees and interaction with the users and patrons of the Arts Center.
Position Title: Assistant Box Office Supervisor (F/T), CF1N11132PARTS
Duties of Position:
- Be proficient in ProVenue computerized ticketing software and knowledgeable of its various functions, including selling, reporting, closing, balancing and posting daily sales and assist in preparing and delivering cash and credit deposits on a timely basis to the Business Office.
- Ensure smooth and continuous operation of the Box Office in the absence of the Box Office Supervisor, communicating with the COD. Information Technology department and ProVenue support network when necessary.
- Assist in the interviewing process for prospective employees. Train, supervise and motivate Box Office personnel to maximize services for all Arts Center patrons. Resolve customer service problems requiring immediate attention and make appropriate decisions in the interest of good customer relations.
- Coordinate, program and maintain event information on the computerized online ticketing system on a timely basis for Internet ticket sales.
- Prepare timely marketing reports and Box Office statements for use as accounting records or for other department or directors.
- Communicate through campus email the availability of discounted tickets to college faculty, students and staff.
- Act as liaison between the MAC and the League of Chicago Theatres to ensure availability of tickets at area Hot Tix Booths.
- Assist other campus departments to assist in promoting and selling tickets to their events.
- Collect and provide up-to-date performance and publicity information for all events for access by all Box Office personnel and maintain inventory of supplies, such as printer paper, charge slips, ticket stock, labels and computer supplies.
- Other related duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
One to two years of supervisor experience. Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Associates Degree with classes in business administration, management, accounting or related field.
Experience in performing arts.
Knowledge of Performing Arts.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computerized ticketing system, computer with Word Processing, Excel, Access, etc., calculator/adding machine, charge-slip printer, laser-jet printer, and heavy telephone usage.
Flexible hours including many evenings and weekends.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Performing Arts - PARTS
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt