Assistant Provost for Student Success
Assistant Provost for Student Success Job Description
Reporting directly to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Assistant Provost for Student Success provides vision and leadership in supporting the University's priority to enhance student success. The Assistant Provost for Student Success is responsible for providing effective planning and vision, comprehensive leadership, institutional coordination, supervision and oversight of various academic and University initiatives and procedures, with an emphasis on student success. The Assistant Provost for Student Success must also balance strong organizational, and supervisory skills in the management of academic matters and build continuous improvement in support of student success.
The successful candidate must have an earned doctorate, and a minimum of six years of experience in higher education. Candidates with experience in a leadership position promoting and implementing student success initiatives in a public urban university are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate should have a demonstrated record of promoting high standards, experience supervising and managing professional staff, and evidence of successful project management in academic affairs, which includes academic policy, and data-informed planning related to special academic programs. Candidates who have had success working as members of an academic department, program, or faculty committees are also encouraged to apply.
• Provide sustained leadership in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment and have a participatory leadership style.
• Demonstrate project management and supervisory skills.
• Demonstrate innovation, creativity and flexibility in problem solving.
• Foster and support an instructional culture that uses data-informed decision-making in the development and ongoing improvement of student success measures.
• Manage, develop, and support systemic improvements and changes to current practices related to student success.
• Assist efforts associated with accountability, outcomes assessment, and goals related to student success.
• Research, develop, and implement plans to support student retention.
• Oversee professional development programs, training, and initiatives.
• Provide annual program data to address enrollment and retention of students and make recommendations for process improvement.
• Supervise one or more of the following: University Advisement Center, Testing Center, Opportunity Scholarship (EOF Programs), Office of Specialized Services and Supplemental Instruction, and Office of Military & Veterans Services.
• Analyze and interpret advisement and testing policies and procedures.
• Lead the implementation, development, and maintenance of online registration processes and degree progress reports.
• Develop, administer, and monitor budgets as well as review and approve requests for expenditures.
• Develop relationships and maintain effective communication with diverse groups, agencies, vendors, and consultants (both internal and external) in support of the University’s mission.
• Support the overall work of the Office of the Provost through leadership of projects and duties assigned by the Provost in collaboration with other units or divisions of the University.
• Have demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: March 30, 2017
Apply for Assistant Provost for Student Success
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly