Assistant Dean of Students
ASSISTANT DEAN OF STUDENTS
This position is primarily responsible for triaging and supporting students as issues of concern arise. This support can come in the form of both individual or group meetings and will involve communication with students, faculty, staff and parents, in order to create individualized action plans for students. Regular communication and follow up with students is essential to provide additional support when necessary. This position is also responsible for communicating with students considering withdrawing or transferring from the College to determine if there are ways Wooster can better support them. In addition to these generalist dean duties, this position is also responsible for the programming efforts originating from the Dean of Students Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Generalist Dean Duties:
- Conduct one-on-one support for students on Academic Probation.
- Respond as part of the Dean’s Office team to student issues, concerns, and crises, as appropriate. *Must live near campus to facilitate emergency response within 15 minutes.
- Advise students seeking readmission and monitor them throughout the process.
- Act as the operations coordinator for the Academic Standards review process in collaboration with the Associate Dean.
- Conduct Exit Interviews for students who taking are a leave of absence or withdrawing from the College.
- Work with students who are considering transferring to another institution to determine if there are ways to better support them at Wooster
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
- Supports the Dean of Students Office with retention efforts and data tracking.
- Coordinate new retention initiatives and programs as needed based on regular data analysis.
- Monitor Interim Reports and conduct student outreach as necessary.
- Participate in the 24-hour on-call Emergency/Duty Coverage for after-hours emergencies and follow up with appropriate interventions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned within the broader Student Affairs Division.
Master’s Degree; three to five years of full-time, substantial and progressive higher education experience in advising & counseling students, and experience with programming are essential. An appreciation for the relationship between the academic and co-curricular programs at a liberal arts institution are important. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals is essential. Must live near campus to facilitate emergency response (less than 15 miles).
Position will be posted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
For highest consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to the link below.
The Department of Human Resources
The College of Wooster
Wooster, OH 44691
EOE/AA – Drug Free Workplace