Research Associate - Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Multiple Positions)
Conducts academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff, and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving others.
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the University and relevant outside parties
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro), the only University-based research institute in the United States devoted to the interdisciplinary study of the Puerto Rican experience, seeks an academic researcher with expertise in any one of the wide range of disciplines within history, social sciences, or behavioral sciences, including those interdisciplinary in nature, to complement its current research capacity. This is a non-tenure track position that reports directly to the director.
The Research Associate's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct academic research and publish studies in peer-reviewed journals and other academic venues on Puerto Rican stateside communities.
- Present papers at disciplinary conferences.
- Write proposals and seek grants to fund academic research projects.
- Engage in collaborative research projects with other Centro staff.
- Work with student interns on research and related projects as assigned by the Director.
- Support and perform other research related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Participate on Centro-wide staff committees.
This is a non-tenure track position. Employment is from year to year up to a maximum of two to three years. Start date is January 2017.
Doctoral Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the implementation of the responsibilities described above as well as familiarity with interdisciplinary research and methodologies. English and Spanish fluency are required.
Commensurate with qualification and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted on-line by accessing the City University of New York job website http://cuny.edu/employment.html Current users of CUNYFirst site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Afterwards, click Search job listings button and then the Managerial/Professional button to locate the position. Then, click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Prepare to have available your resume or curriculum vitae, a cover letter that includes projected research projects, a list with names and contact information of 3 references and a writing sample relevant to this position to be all attached onto the application. The resume, cover letter, and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf (preferred), .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin on November 1, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Research Associate - Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 15551
Full/Part Time: Full-Time