Department Name Assoc Dean Liberal Arts
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT074-16
Reports To Associate Dean, Liberal Arts
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings Multiple
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing one-on-one or group consulting in a supportive environment to students in all disciplines, in order to engage and empower them to become more competent academic and professional readers.
• Responsible for providing one-on-one or group consulting in a supportive environment to students in all disciplines, in order to engage and empower them to become more competent academic and professional readers
• Teaching in a one-on-one setting are integral to the position, although there is no requirement for teaching beyond the duties of the Reading Center
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Master's Degree from an accredited college or university (English degrees preferred)
• Involvement in reading intervention strategies and comprehension
• Knowledge of the basic characteristics of skillful reading
• Experience working with community college students
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Cuyahoga Community College
• Willingness to facilitate interdisciplinary writing
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
Varied days, evenings, weekends.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Posting Open Date 08/31/2015
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- * Do you possess a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university (English degrees preferred)?
- * Do you have experience in involvement in reading intervention strategies and comprehension?
- * Do you possess knowledge of the basic characteristics of skillful reading?
- * Do you have experience working with community college students?
- * Do you have the ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends?
- * Do you possess the willingness to facilitate interdisciplinary writing?
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae