Residence Hall Director (1079)
The Residence Hall Director oversees daily operations related to residence life, staff, and student housing. Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates Residence Life staff. Provides personal, academic, educational, disciplinary, crisis management, and counseling services directly to students through various programs and projects. Coordinates with administrative staff in order to maintain facilities and operations, as well as to provide consistent support. Maintains positive working relationships with other Student Affairs and Campus Life Offices in order to facilitate programming and improve services. Assists with the general administration of residence hall student housing. Works under supervision to administer programs, supervise undergraduate staff, and interact positively with students.
Start Date: July 3, 2017
Minimum Qualifications: Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of related work experience in a residential life or campus housing environment.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Higher Education, Counseling, Student Affairs or a related area.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills in order to solve problems and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work with multiple campus constituents.
- One or more years of supervision experience.
- One or more years of advising experience.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Basic office computer skills and the ability to learn new software programs.
Salary and Benefits: Starting salary is commensurate with experience. We provide a meal plan (when dining services are available), parking permit, pet policy, and domestic partner/dependents live-in policy. We provide a competitive benefit package that can be viewed at. http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise one to two Higher Education in Student Affairs Graduate Students.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate Resident Assistants and Desk Assistants according to work product and compliance with University policies and procedures. Provide constructive feedback and maintain and cooperative working environment.
- Serve as an adjudicating officer for conduct.
- Oversee residence hall operations, such as room assignments, key distribution and collection, damage assessment, disciplinary reporting, billing, safety checks, room condition reports, and maintenance requests.
- Serve as a budgeting officer.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with facilities and custodial staff.
- Coordinate room and roommate assignments.
- Serve on campus wide on-call duty rotation.
- Respond to concerns about facilities, medical emergencies, mental health concerns or safety and security.
- Attend weekly departmental staff meetings.
- Serve on departmental or University committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Process: Submit a letter of application, resume, and at least three professional references to Maryke Taute, Assistant Director for Residential Life firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Priority deadline is March 31, 2017. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Please direct any questions to Maryke Taute at email@example.com or 785.628.4245.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.
Apply for Residence Hall Director (1079)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly