Compensation Analyst/Sr Compensation Analyst - Office of Human Resources
University of Delaware
Job Title: Compensation Analyst/Sr Compensation Analyst - Office of Human Resources
Job ID: 104291
Location: Newark, DE
Compensation Analyst/Sr Compensation Analyst
Pay Grade: 30E/31E
Deadline: March 2, 2017
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general direction of the Director, the Analyst provides expertise in planning, developing, and administration of classification and compensation programs. Assures the thorough conduct of audits, submission of accurate reports, and that University compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with policies and government regulations. The Senior Compensation Specialist researches strategic compensation issues and remains current on compensation trends in order to be responsive to University goals and competitive practices so the University has the ability to recruit, develop and retain the highest quality employees.
- Provides compensation administration support; Analyzes compensation data and provides recommendations.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision which are cost effective, consistent with compensation trends and University objectives; assists in implementation.
- Provides advice on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Performs special projects related to classification reviews, salary and benefit surveys. Conducts organizational studies in collaboration with the Manager. Conducts benchmarking studies with peer institutions and local employers to ensure market competitiveness.
- Advises staff and management of policies and procedures regarding salary ranges, promotional and merit increase guidelines, and other human resources related issues.
- Provides support and expertise to departmental staff in the access, retrieval, utilization, and validation of related HRIS data.
- Conducts job audits, analyzes and evaluates jobs determining classification level based on content, relevant data and internal equity.
- Researches, writes and maintains accurate job descriptions for professional, salaried and hourly staff positions on an ongoing basis.
- Generates ad-hoc reports and analyzes statistical data.
- Conducts and responds to in-house surveys; participates in the review and position benchmarking for submission to external national salary survey organizations.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure University compliance.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of job related experience (degree preferably in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related discipline) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred; PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of compensation administration, principles, and procedures, ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html