Senior Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, General Medicine
Posting Date: 02-23-2017
The Department of Medicine's Division of General, Geriatric, Palliative and Hospital Medicine is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant. This position provides a high-level of advanced administrative support to assigned individuals within the Division of General, Geriatric, Palliative and Hospital Medicine. This will include a wide variety of support to the Section Head, Vice Chair for Quality & Patient Safety, Operations Coordinators, and divisional faculty as assigned. The core responsibilities of this position will be to provide administrative and programmatic support to the division; as well as support for the Quality & Patient Safety program and the Ambulatory residency program. This position is responsible for Outlook calendar maintenance; pre-and post-travel coordination; faculty recruitment and onboarding; maintenance of up-to-date licensures and curricula vitae. In addition, this role provides planning and logistical support for meetings and special events. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is essential, as is the ability to work with a proactive team of administrative support professionals, maintaining consistent excellence during busy workdays and absences of team members.
Qualified applicants must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of four years of administrative support experience. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for required experience. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required. A Bachelor's degree and two years of administrative support experience in an academic physician office and/or hospital setting is preferred as well as experience preparing and editing presentations. Experience with EPIC and A2K3 is also preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to problem solve.
2. Ability to maintain professional calendars with frequent changes, using software such as Microsoft Outlook.
3. Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse group of physicians and staff.
4. Ability to multi-task and prioritized tasks due to competing demands.
5. Organizational and time management skills.
6. Outstanding interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to make sound decisions based on competing and complex information from multiple sources.
8. Ability to interact with executive level administrators.
9. Ability to work with tact on complex, sensitive and confidential issues.
10. The analytical skills and judgment to interpret data and take the appropriate action in circumstances /situations vary.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81216