Director of Development, College of Engineering and Applied Science
The College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Colorado Boulder has an opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Advancement team as a Director of Development. This position is part of a professional and high-performing advancement team that generates philanthropic support and overall external engagement for the college. Through these philanthropic and engagement efforts, the college is able to attract the brightest students, support and grow our talented faculty and strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular programs as we build a foundation of excellence for the future of the College of Engineering and Applied Science, CU Boulder, and the state of Colorado.
The Director of Development coordinates, directs, and implements development activities within the College of Engineering and Applied Science. This position manages a portfolio of prospects and carries out the institution's program of soliciting major gifts. May lead a particular fundraising activity or be responsible for a geographic region and work directly with the dean and greater Advancement team. May be responsible for managing a designated budget.
1. Works to cultivate existing and new donor (individual or foundation) relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing the relationship with the donor.
2. Portfolio Management: Manages portfolio consisting of a minimum of 100 prospects. Goals relating to personal contacts, number of proposed gifts, grants, and prospect identification to be set with and approved by management. Goals for number of planned giving donations will be established with management.
3. Develops and manages portfolios of individual prospects capable of making significant gifts in order to secure major gift commitments (at least $25K). Plans and implements programs that include measurable targets for each fiscal year (e.g., personal visits, stewardship activities, solicitations).
4. Works closely with University of Colorado (CU) faculty (may work directly with dean of school or college); and works directly with volunteers daily to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives. Facilitates productive relationships daily between donors and CU administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
5. Works daily to ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals, pledges and fund agreements. Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluates new prospects and generates stewardship reports and general correspondence daily to cultivate major gift prospects.
6. Represents the college at University events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
What we can offer:
Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be challenged. Be engaged. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
At least 5 years professional experience, with at least 3 years of direct fundraising experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); experience with donor tracking software (BSR helpful).
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 23, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Feb 23, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 22, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus HR
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00001296