Features Editor, The Campus Ledger
- Edits stories and proofreads pages (stories, headlines and cutlines) prior to publication.
- Ensures correct/consistent spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, abbreviation, style and placement of graphic elements.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at JCCC each semester and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Concurrent enrollment or successful completion of Jour 122, Reporting for the Media or equivalent. (Transcript required if not taken at JCCC.)
- Must be familiar with Associated Press style and Campus Ledger style or willing to learn them.
- Must demonstrate writing/editing skills. (Applicants may be given an editing test during interview).
- High-school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at JCCC.
- Must have completed JOUR 122, Reporting for the Media, or equivalent. (Transcript required if not taken at JCCC.)
- Must be enrolled in six (6) credit hours at JCCC each semester with a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay. Eligible for voluntary tax sheltered annuity, JCCC Hiersteiner Child Center, and Staff Development.
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Hours and days vary.
REQUIRED: (please attach with your application) - Resume - Cover Letter