Maintenance Worker II
Title: Maintenance Worker II
With little or no supervision, this position performs repairs and maintenance at a semi-skilled level. This position also performs or assists in services completed by Painter II and Carpenter II.
* Installs, removes, repairs, and relocates a variety of the University's property.
* Does routine painting, patching, and other minor repairs to wall and ceiling surfaces.
* Lubricates and makes minor adjustments to pumps, motors, and control devices.
* Operates and makes minor repairs to heating systems.
* Performs routine plumbing, electrical, lawn sprinkler, and carpentry repairs, replacements, and installations.
* Picks up material needed for repairs or alterations.
* Repairs and installs ceramic and mosaic tiles.
* Replaces or cleans filters.
* Replaces electrical switches, receptacles, and ballasts.
* Assists skilled tradesmen in more difficult repairs, replacements, and installations.
* Reports to work early in the morning, weekends, and holidays for snow removal, when necessary. Removes snow from walks, steps, ramps and parking lots by power equipment or shovel.
* Operates trencher, tractor, and other power equipment.
* Cleans area after job is completed.
* Drives to sites with tools and equipment.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Three years of work experience in general maintenance work including painting and hot water heating systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Possess a valid Colorado driver's license and insurable under University guidelines.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment physical.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).