Senior Network & Server Consultant, Level 3
JOB DESCRIPTION: As part of a fast-paced, results-oriented I.T. consulting firm, our Level 3 Senior Network & Server Consultants see it all, and get to use their skills in every aspect of I.T. You will work closely with clients and your team on every stage of projects, from design to closure. You will see huge networks, crazy routing and application challenges, and the occasional very quiet day. We will look to you to help us refine our processes and procedures, and to bring the best aspects your unique personality to our culture. We will respect and encourage your development as a person, as a professional, and as an I.T. guru.
We work hard while we are at work, but we do everything possible to get everyone home on time. Full-time salary staff typically work 40 hr work weeks. While we do rotate every technical staff through a 7-day on-call schedule, after hours calls are rare.
We have extensive professional development & training options and really good benefits including a retirement plan with matching contributions, paid time off (up to 19 days per year, increasing to 29 days the longer you are with the company), and paid healthcare up to 80% of your medical, dental, and vision plans. We provide perks such as lunch at least once a week for everyone, all the coffee you can drink, and a fridge stocked with snacks and drinks.
You will work closely with a team of I.T. pros who are skilled at what they do. They have a lot to offer you, but they will count on you to raise everyone's game to a new level. Good team work and communication are huge to us, and we will do whatever it takes to help you feel comfortable, productive, and valued here.
Our office conditions are great--our tech staff enjoy their own private cubicle, 3-4 monitors, a new pc, a company laptop and/or tablet for field work, and the support and respect of their goal-oriented coworkers.
COMPENSATION: Depends on Experience. Full Time, + Benefits. Relocation Assistance Available. Compensation includes a base hourly rate, 1.5 rate for OT, quarterly performance bonuses, special bonuses and/or raises for new certifications. Bonuses for individual, team and company performance!
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ABILITIES (i.e. these are not optional):
- Windows Server 2008+ with Exchange management experience: Minimum 3 years of Senior support for Windows environments (server and network)
- Networking: Strong network administration skills, LAN configuration, TCP/IP, Ethernet, switches, and routers
- Security: Experience with Cisco and Watchguard Firewalls, VPN, Security Audits, IDS preferable
- Virtualization: Experience with VMware, ESX vSphere, ESXi, Citrix XenServer, or HyperV
SECONDARY QUALIFICATIONS/ABILITIES (i.e. not all are required, but the more you have the better):
- Current Microsoft certification (MCITP): Tests in Windows Server 2008, Exchange 2007+
- Current VMWare certification (VCP)
- Project Management: Strong experience in managing system/process transitions/upgrades
- Engineering Experience: Ability to analyze complex problems, develop a logical solution plan, and implement it in the Server/LAN/VPN/Internet areas
- Ability to analyze and operate Enterprise SANs with redundant switching
- Backup and disaster recovery solutions: StorageCraft, Acronis, or similar
- Employment history with VAR, system integrator, or as a self-employed consultant
- RMM experience: Configuration, usage, monitoring (preferably LabTech, Kaseya or N-able)
- Ability to lift and move common computers and peripherals
- Reliable, insured transportation for client visits
HOURS: Full-time, Typically 8am to 5pm, M-F. Occasional Overtime (paid) and/or On-call.
- We pay up to 80% of the employee's health insurance premium (medical, dental and vision) and provide several other plans from which to choose.
- Access to FSA, HSA, life, vision and other insurance benefits.
- Access to Retirement Plan with contribution matching.
- Paid time-off for 8 holidays.
- Vacation and sick paid time-off are given, with more vacation PTO given the longer you are a member of the team.
- Upward mobility - we are structured so that there's ample room for our top team members to move up in the organization.
- Technical and professional training courses.
- Constant on-the-job opportunities to learn new hardware, software, and best practices.
- A team that wants to see you succeed and grow in your career, and provides you with the tools to do it.
- Technical and professional training courses. Constant on-the-job opportunities to learn new hardware, software, and best practices.
- Relocation assistance where applicable.
Turn Key Solutions, LLC (www.TKS.LA) is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) that manages networks, phone systems & vendors for our business clients in the Gulf Coast region.
We are committed to helping clients reach their business and fiscal goals through cutting edge technology.
Responsive, friendly service and reliable, quality work make the foundation of the relationships we build with clients. Our service to clients and employees is based on the Christian principles of integrity, respect, and accountability.
We strive to be the employer of choice for qualified IT professionals in our region. We believe providing our clients with solutions that help them reach their goals is the best way for us to reach our goals of fiscal strength and a positive work place.
Baton Rouge, LA
Sat, 18 Feb 2017 11:58:39 PST