Identity & Access Mgmt Engineer
Working Title Identity & Access Mgmt Engineer
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University! We are currently seeking an exceptional and experienced leader to join our Information Technology Division. The Information Technology Division (IT) provides comprehensive, campus-wide IT leadership, implementation, maintenance, and support. This structure affords EWU with a comprehensive IT strategy for implementation and support that provides a cost-effective, efficient IT infrastructure aligning with the institution's mission, vision, and goals.
Reporting to the Enterprise Services Manager, the Identity and Access Management Engineer will provide operational leadership for Identity and Access Management (IAM) services. Responsibility includes the design, implementation and support of authentication and authorization technologies, enterprise directory services, account management and provisioning systems together with the underlying application infrastructure. This position will utilize established work methods and innovative approaches, as well as apply technical application / systems understanding to evaluate and resolve highly complex tasks for the Division of Information Technology. Additionally, the IAM Engineer will have substantial responsibility for senior computer systems and network programming in the following areas: consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications; the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, or modification of identity management systems or programs. The IAM Engineer is the main contact for consultation, support and integration of enterprise single sign-on, identity federation, and integration services with departmental IT staff, outside organizations, and vendors to design, evaluate and implement services.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and sit as needed for office and computer work.
- Wrist and hand movements required as needed for keyboarding.
- Ability to be mobile, campus wide for appropriate business needs.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology. Experience may be substituted for degree.
- 5+ years direct hands-on experience managing and administering heterogeneous environments at a senior engineer/administrator level.
- 3+ years experience designing, deploying, and administering modern enterprise directory services and policy/configuration management.
- 3+ years experience designing, deploying, and administering modern enterprise IAM services in support of Single Sign On environments that include CAS, ADFS, Kerberos, SAML, and Shibboleth.
- Must have experience working in enterprise environments with systems supporting 500+ users.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity
- In-depth working experience with Active Directory and LDAP
- Deep understanding of Microsoft identity Management technologies, such as ILM/FIM/MIM.
- Expert level understanding of federation and authorization platforms such as Active Directory Federation Services, CAS, Windows CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation, and Active Directory Rights Management Services.
- Experience in other authentication technologies, such as UAG and ISA is desirable.
- An understanding of identity and directory trends in the industry, such as virtual directories and federation standards.
- Enterprise Experience with virtualization technologies including VMWare and Hyper-V
- 3+ Years of experience scripting with PowerShell, Python, VBS or KSH.
- 2008 or 2012 Microsoft MCSE or equivalent certification
- 3+ years of experience with Database Technologies such as Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and the ability to prioritize and work multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comply with all University policies and standards.