Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Controller's Office is seeking applications for a Staff Accountant. This is a full-time support staff position.
The primary function of the Staff Accountant is to support the maintenance of the University's financial records by processing data in a manner consistent with current accounting practices to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
Additionally, the Staff Accountant is responsible for, but is not limited to, the following:
- Support the University's audit, year-end closing process, prepare audit schedules and all necessary work files.
- Serve as the liaison between the Accounting Office and internal and external constituents requiring financial services, especially related to gift processing, payroll, cash management, and restricted use accounts.
- Coordinate operational activity within the University financial management system and assist other departments including faculty, staff and student organizations.
- Responsible for reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, bank statements, trust accounts, deductions and credit card transactions.
- Responsible for closing the general ledge on a monthly basis and the generation of system financial statements. This includes preparation of journal entries, data entry and posting entries to the general ledger.
- Maintain and reconcile the Fixed Asset System.
- Responsible for oversight of the audit of university purchasing cards in accordance with established university policy.
- Process internal downloads daily for import to the general ledger.
- Coordinate cash movement including payments and receipts and monitor the operating cash account activity daily.
- Perform financial analysis, research and resolve account discrepancies.
- Provide guidance and direction to student employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking applicants with a Bachelor's degree and 3 years of work experience. An Associate's degree and 3 years of relevant work experience or 5 years relevant work experience will be considered.
Additionally, we are seeking applicants with:
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel including the use of the
Formula and Data tabs and their associated tools. Basic proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
To apply, please set-up an account and make application through our online system. Then, upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
? A cover letter
? Names, address and phone numbers of three professional references
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at (937) 327-7517.