Embedded Software Engineer - Secret Clearance
Embedded Software Engineer
Government Secure Solution CGI, Inc. is seeking a Embedded Software Engineer responsible for providing software development and systems solutions for our customer within the Embedded Windows environment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Research, specify, design, code, test, maintain, and document embedded code for microprocessor and FPGA systems for secure Department of Defense controls and systems.
• Write and maintain embedded software and drivers for embedded Windows 7 based environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of Bachelor degree in Computers, Electrical, or Software engineering
• Minimum 3 years' experience with embedded systems, Windows 7 a plusStrong Visual Basic language skills and familiarity with C/C++/C#
• Experience writing/deploying embedded Windows 7 environments
• Experience working with dispersed teams of hardware and software engineers
• Experience with efficiently applying engineering and test processes
• Solid experience reading schematics and components data sheets
• Experience with software development in all life-cycle phases
• Ability to travel up to 25% or less.
• Ability to express ideas orally and in writing.
• Ability to successfully complete the GSSC Background Investigation
• Ability to attain and maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills for team oriented projects
• Ability to meet with management, team, & customer to listen and understand goals and report status of projects and tasks.
• Ability to turn general guidelines and expectations into requirements, functional and physical architectures, and ultimately complete systems
• Ability to learn existing system operations
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and as a team member to meet project goals
At CGI, we are a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
North Charleston, SC
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:36:21 PST