The Office of the Registrar is the official source for all student academic records at Baruch College. It handles all registration services for students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs. Functions handled by the Office of the Registrar include the collection and entry of grades and grade changes, publication of semester course offerings and final examination schedules, classroom scheduling and fulfilling many types of reporting requests for student information. The Enrollment Registrar Coordinator will provide support to assigned operations within the Office of the Registrar. This position will report to the Associate Registrar.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensures the conformity of record release procedures to registration management policies and legal requirements governing the confidentiality of student records, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Creates semester schedules. Requests information from academic departments. Monitors and enforces submission deadlines. Updates CUNYfirst to reflect schedule changes.
- Updates and maintains prerequisites, cross-listed courses, new courses, and course number and title changes.
- Assists in CUNYfirst data verification.
- Assists students with registration issues.
Bachelor's Degree required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides operational support for registration operations.
- Provides advice on academic and administrative registration requirements
- Interprets and communicates academic, registration and enrollment policies and procedures
- Assists with registration and provides information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records-related areas
- Complies, generates, and updates various reports, catalogs, and inventories
- Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Collaborates with College and University offices to address inquires and concerns and resolve student registration and record problems
- May participate in activities related to course scheduling and maintaining course databases
- May monitor and revise the content of web pages and other communication materials
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
March 23, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Registrar Coordinator
Job ID: 16391
Full/Part Time: Full-Time